Chemical Forum

Retrieve Password
 Register Now
!show!: 505|Reply: 12

Iam losing color in my new tattoo. How do i take better care [Copy URL]

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:01 |Show all posts

I just got a tattoo about 3 days ago and now its pealing and losing some color. What can i do to take better care of it and how long do i have to wait until i can get it re-touched? Also i heard so many different versions on how to take care of a tattoo. Make sure you keep it moisturized or don't put too much moisturizer. What is the real truth about taking care of my tattoo?

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:03 |Show all posts

Dude....your tattoo is NOT losing color. It IS peeling. The little bits of peeled skin have some color in them and thats what your seeing washing down the drain. This is normal. Didn't your artist give you advice on how to care for your tattoo? That's who you should be having this dicussion with .....NOT some stranger on the internet. My artist has me using Ink Fixx products.....My wife got a tattoo at the same weekend and her artist has her using cetaphil.... Everybody has different instructions. Most agree on one point NO vaseline or petroleum products on a tattoo. Whatever you do use make sure you completely rub the product into the skin. (you don't want a visible coating of goop on your tattoo)

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:05 |Show all posts

your tattoo is supposed to peel and thus, lose some color. this is part of the healing process. what r u doing to moisturize, do not apply any lotions. simply make sure you are washing it several times a day with antibacterial soup using only your hands (dial wks great), and patting it dry with a washcloth or paper towel, never rub it. after its dry, the only thing you should be using to "moisturize" it is antibacterial ointment. always remember to keep it our of direct sunlight, it should be fully healed within 3 wks.

as far as retouching, wait 6 months to a yr

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:07 |Show all posts

green fades 1st along w/ blue
you may not be able to stop it

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:10 |Show all posts

Your skin will peel as the tattoo heals. That is just part of things. Black tats come out navy blue. Other colours will end up a deeper shade as your skin heals. If you don't like the colour once it's healed, see your artist for a touch up.

To take better care of a tattoo, make sure you always apply sunscreen before going out, even if you have a shirt on over it.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:12 |Show all posts

check back with the artist that gave it to u . he will beable to answer all your questions.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:15 |Show all posts

Most professionals give you
a sheet of instructions on
the care of your tattoos.
If you are unsure, give him a call.
Keep it clean and oil free.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:17 |Show all posts

thats what usually happens with stick on tattoos

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:20 |Show all posts

If you are ignorant to the process of taking care of and healing your tattoo the best thing to do is talk to your artist. Call him/her up or go in to the shop where you got it done and they will assess the situation and tell you what to do.

Use magic Report

Post time 2013-1-24 09:19:22 |Show all posts

I have four tattoos. Not as many as some of the other people who have answered, but I think enough to be able to give a contribution.

When you first get your tattoo it looks awsome - almost fake looking. The ink is bright....beautiful. If you ever ask someone who has a tattoo, they all wish they would stay that bright, but every tattoo is going to fade.

When it first starts to peel, ink WILL come off with the peeling skin. The first time that happened to me, I freaked, so I called my artist. He told me it was completely normal, but do NOT peel at the skin. You forcing the skin to peel, by peeling or scratching, might lean to blotches on the tattoo, which happend to one of my friends acutally. (She peeled at her tattoo, and along came ink with it. So she ended up with a big spot on the middle of her tattoo which had no color.)

After the peeling, and the annoying itching stops, you usually form this clear, almost "filmly" layer...looks weird, and when you get it wet it is almost soft like.....and it makes your tattoo look really light. Again, don't mess with it! It will go away in a couple of days.

I would just keep it moisturized, like you doing....but like you said, beware of putting too much. I did that with my last tattoo, and it took soooo much longer to heal then the rest of my tattoo. Just put on a very thin layer, once or twice a day, after the first 3 days.

Hope I could help. Just remember, they all fade a little and they all peel. But, if you are really worried, you should go to your artist. They can help you the most.
Good luck!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Archiver|Chemical Forum

GMT+8, 2014-7-25 03:17 , Processed in 0.070663 second(s), 10 queries .