- last login
Actually Chemistry is divided into 5 major parts:
1. Organic chemistry-the study of carbon compounds which form an idiosyncratic group;
2. Inorganic chemistry-dealing with all the elements, except carbon and their compounds;
3. Biochemistry-the study of the complex organic compounds in biological systems;
4. Physical chemistry-which underlies all the other branches, encompassing the study of the of the physical properties of substances and the theoretical tools for investigating them;
5. Chemical Analysis-the determination of what a sample contains and how much of each constituent is present.
2 other related studies:
1. Geochemistry-the study of the chemistry of the earth and other planets;
2. Metallurgy-the science and technology of metals.